Commercial Pilot Course
HOME > FLIGHT SCHOOL > COURSES > COMMERCIAL PILOT COURSE
The Commercial Pilot Course prepares the student for a commercial Pilot License (CPL).
A CPL is a qualification that permits the holder to act as a pilot of an aircraft and be compensated. The basic requirements to obtain the license and the privileges it confers are agreed internationally by International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). However the actual implementation varies quite widely from country to country.
In the Philippines, to be eligible for a Commercial Pilot License (CPL), the applicant must have successfully completed the following:
- CPL ground schooling covering all the commercial aeronautical subjects required by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP).
- At least 150 hours instructional flight time.
- CAAP written examination covering ten (10) subjects.
- Demonstration of flying skills to an examiner (checkpilot) during a flight test (checkride).
Other requirements to be eligible are:
- Holder of valid PPL.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Passed the CAAP Class I medical examination.
The different types of commercial pilot licenses are issued for these major categories of aircraft: airplanes, helicopters, gyroplanes, balloons and airships. FAST Academy’s commercial pilot course is for “airplanes” only.
Course duration is four (4) to six (6) months.