Private Pilot Course
HOME > FLIGHT SCHOOL > COURSES > PRIVATE PILOT COURSE
The Private Pilot Course prepares the student for Private Pilot License (PPL). A PPL is a license that permits the holder to act as the Pilot-In-Command of an aircraft privately, hence, the holder can’t accept compensation. The requirements to obtain the license are determined by the International Civil Aviation Authority (ICAO), but the actual implementation varies widely from country to country. In the Philippines, it is obtained by successfully completing the following:
- PPL ground schooling covering all the aeronautical subjects required by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP).
- At least forty (40) hours of instructional flight time.
- CAAP written examination covering ten (10) subjects.
- Demonstration of flying skills to an examiner (checkpilot) during a flight test (checkride).
- At least 17 years old.
- Passed the CAAP Class II Medical Examination.
- Held a Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Certificate (RROC).
- Passed the English Language Proficiency (ELP) test.